Congratulations on joining the
ADDiva Coaching Group!
We are committed to providing a “spa-like” coaching experience: relaxing, re-energizing, refreshing and with that “ready for anything” feeling you have when you’re revved up and eager to dive into your life.
ADDiva Coaching Spa dates:
April 13, April 20, April 27, May 4, May 11, May 18, 2020
Here are a few Coaching Spa basics:
- If you haven’t done so already, read the ADDiva Group Coaching Q&As at the bottom of this page (just scroll down a bit).
- Check your email (the one you used to register) to access the Standards of Presence for Coaching and the brief Pre-coaching Inventory (private between you and Linda). You can also click the words in this sentence, which are linked to each of the documents.
- Mark the Coaching Spa dates on your calendar and clear that time (or let Linda know that you will miss a particular session). Remember, your best results come from your weekly commitment to show up.
- Join Slack the companion accountability program used during the Coaching Spa.
- Would you like to spend 15 minutes with Linda before the Spa begins. Click the box to schedule a time.
- Relax...there’s nothing left to do. Your coaching experience will be phenomenal (if you allow it to be). We’re looking forward to our first session.
ADDiva Group Coaching Q&A
What’s different about group coaching?
Well, for one thing – obviously – coaching is done with several women in a small group. The coaching benefits are equal to private coaching, but progress may be a bit slower simply because there is less one-on-one attention. Or not!
How many women are in the group?
There are never more than six or seven women in an ADDiva Coaching Spa. We all have too much to say and everyone needs a chance to share! For on-site groups I sometimes will offer spaces for eight to ten women but only with longer sessions.
What do you talk about?
Anything your heart desires! Our conversation is guided by the group, so your issues will be addressed fully. Naturally, because this in an ADDiva group, we’ll touch on topics that are universal to ADHD women, like organization, time management and relationships. But we can talk about the smallest and the largest issues that are on your mind. No holds barred! (And privacy assured.)
Is there a special format for group coaching?
The sessions start with a connection and check-in. We’ll do follow-up on requests made at the previous session and then move into discussion of topics that are urgent or important for this week. Each member of the group has an opportunity to share, within the constraints of our time together.
Request? That sounds like homework or requirements!
Not really. You get to make the decision about whether to commit to a request or not. And the requests always come from YOU rather than Linda or the group. Research shows that when you “own” a solution, it sticks; if someone tells you the answer, it doesn’t. So you truly are responsible for your own success!
What happens if someone dominates the conversation?
Ah, the zinger question! At the beginning of our coaching, I require that all participants agree to guidelines (the Standards of Presence) that eliminate the possibility of one person hijacking the session. If someone cannot or will not adhere to the Standards, they may be asked to leave the group.
What if I miss a session?
When you sign up for coaching you are making a commitment, not only to yourself but to the rest of the group. If you are absent, your energy will missed and the group will be incomplete. That said, if you find it necessary to miss a session, simply catch up by listening to the recording. The recordings are available ONLY to the group, not to outsiders, so your confidentiality is protected.
What if I don’t like coaching and want to drop out?
If after the first session, you find that group coaching isn’t for you, you may leave the group. There is a $50 service charge for leaving the group, so you would pay $50 plus the cost of that coaching session. The rest of your money is refunded. After the second session, there are no refunds.
A final note from Linda
“I love coaching groups of ADDiva women – it’s an extension of my original dream, women’s retreat facilitation. The support and coaching you receive are with me, personally – no assistants or surrogates. It’s Pure Linda ADDiva.”
Remember: group coaching has some distinct advantages over private coaching:
- Communication and connection with other ADDivas helps “normalize” your experiences. You aren’t alone!
- The camaraderie and friendship developed during the group provides support outside the coaching sessions.